- Rs 72 lakh worth illegally fished endangered sea cucumbers seized by India’s Coast Guard from a Sri Lankan boat from inside Indian waters
- Boat ‘Colombo Marine’ flouts Indian exclusive economic zone, caught 2 tonnes of sea cucumber protected under Wildlife Protection Act
- Diving gadgets, 2 GPS, compressors, gas cylinders used for boiling and treating sea cucumbers
- According to Coast Guard sea cucumbers are worth Rs 72 lakh and meant for export to China and other South East Asian countries.
- Endangered Species
- Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ)
- Wildlife Protection Act