Russia invites Kerry to Moscow
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will visit Moscow on Russia’s invitation to discuss counter-plans for resolving the Ukraine crisis.
- Russia’s Foreign Minister Mr.Lavrov’s aim is to maintain international laws while considering Ukrainian’s interest.
- Ukraine’s new authorities have come to power through a coup & this is considered unlawful by Russia.
- U.S. officials want to thrash out an agreement with Russia as there would be a point of no return if referendum in Crimea to accede to Russia is ever completed & Crimea votes for it.
- Crimea’s authorities want the voters to choose between joining Russia or abiding with the rules of Ukraine.
- U.S will ignore the referendum if Crimea splits from Ukraine.
- Crimea mentioned that the rebellious region of Kiev blocked its accounts even as Russia was providing financial aid.
- Ukraine crisis
- Crimea Referendum