- March 2014 income tax collections Karnataka have pushed Tamil Nadu to 4th slot and the first 2 are slots by Mumbai & New Delhi regions.
- Tamil Nadu ended the year with collection of Rs. 42,500 crore with a 14% increase but the region has failed to achieve the budget target of Rs. 40,528 crore, and ended the year at Rs.37,271 crore.
- Karnataka’s collections of Rs.59,000 crore, overtook Tamil Nadu due to the presence of a large number of information technology firms and banks but Tamil Nadu’s manufacturing, automobile, leather and textile sectors performance was poor
- Tamil Nadu region has 24 lakh assessees, of which 20.85 lakh are individuals, 1.65 lakh firms and 22,000 companies. A sum of Rs.20,000 crore was collected through tax deducted at source (TDS) and 36,000 assesses filed e-returns since January.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/
todays-paper/tp-business/ karnataka-overtakes-tamil- nadu-in-incometax-collections/ article5980490.ece
- Source of Income to States
- Sectors contributing highest income