‘Putani police’ to help maintain law and order
- High school students or “Putani police” (junior police) will soon assist the city police in maintaining law and order.
- Designed on the lines of the National Cadet Corps (NCC), the Student Police Cadet (SPC) programme is to train high school and pre-university students.
- The jurisdictional police will selects a dedicated team of police officials to train about identifying suspicious activities.
- A training module has been set up to train the students on various aspects like law and order situations,traffic violations,natural and man-made disasters, drug abuse, eve-teasing, ragging and other offences, in residential areas, schools and colleges.
- The motto of the SPC cadets would be “We Learn to Serve”.
- This programme is initiated to bring in awareness, responsibility to abide the laws in citizens and to improve police public relation.
- Police Reforms
- Public Police Relations
- Community Policing