Karnataka Legislative Committee suggests adoption of technology to boost economy
- The Legislature Committee on the Welfare of Backward Classes and Minorities for 2013–14 which went on a foreign study tour has recommended adoption of high end technologies in the sector of agriculture, dairying and tourism.
- It said farmers in the state should be trained in the rearing of sheep and goats which can bring more income to farmers.
- It also suggested starting of monorail and metro system in tier-ii cities of the state where traffic congestion could be avoided
- To boost tourism it suggested developing state’s beaches and coastline and developing theme parks on the lines of Australia’s Dreamworld and Movie World.
- The committee had toured Australia, New Zealand and Fiji
- State Legislature Committee on the Welfare of Backward Classes and Minorities