- Junta warned protesters that any further rallies against its coup will not be tolerated in the capital Bangkok.
- Demonstrators faced off against armed soldiers and protesters marched through the city,the army seized power of political turmoil.
- There was sharp international criticism on military detaining Yungluck Shinavatra.
- Protests began in the Chidlom area(Bangkok),demonstrators brandished signs reading “Junta Out”. This was army’s 19th coup since 1932.
- Thailand’s circumstances were different, with use of weapons of war & signs of violence against residents are everywhere.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/
todays-paper/tp-international/ junta-gives-ultimatum-to- defiant-protesters/ article6047588.ece
- Unrest in Thailand