Joint campaign to sensitise girls to evil of child marriage
- The administrative officials of Perambalur district and the law enforcers of Tamil Nadu have decided to mutually reinforce the movement against the social evils, and to handle the children welfare issues.
- This initiative mainly aims to sensitise the students on child marriage, the offences committed against children, and about whom they should contact if they come across such instances. They have given contact numbers to the children to report any kind of offences committed against them.
- The students and teachers were informed about child-related issues like child labour, child abuse, child marriage, the preventive measures, child health and rights. The officials also screened a short film on these issues to make their campaign even livelier.
- Women Empowerment
- Girl Child: Social Stigma ?
- State of Children in India