- US president Obama declares US, Japan backing for UN Women’s Safe City programme in India’s national capital Delhi.
- Aims at helping Delhi govt take stringent steps to ensure safety of women, steps to be taken collectively by govt, women group Jagori and UN.
- U.N. Women’s Executive Director, Phumzile Mlambo Ngcuka stresses on need to make every world city safe for women.
- UN initiative is spread across 17 cities of both developing and developed countries, seeks to protect women against sexual violence in public places.
- UN Women’s Safe City programme
- U.N. Women