Jairam Ramesh urges J&K Chief Minister to curb Bonded Labour in the state.
- Bonded Labour in brick kilns of J&K is rampant and Jairam Ramesh urged Omar Abdulla to stop that.
- Recently 17 labourers were freed from a brick kiln by a NGO International Justice Mission and Volunteers of Social Justice.
- Enquiry by a Deputy Commissioner revealed that there was a violation of Inter-State Migrant Workers Act, and suitably action against the owners is recommended.
- Labourers mainly belong to the state of Chhattisgarh and generally they are trafficked in to J&K to work in brick kilns.
- Bonded Labour
- Inter-State Migrant Workers Act
- Role of NGO