Muddle in the Military
- With many mishaps happening in the Indian Navy, the main concern of sophistication of assets takes the centre stage.
- Many experts in the defence circle believe that the India’s Military is on the verge of breakdown.
- With rising arm race between India and its neighbours, Indian Military is short of manpower as well as Machine power.
- From last year to present India navy has suffered 10 accidents which have had a dent on the navy’s morale as well as exchequer of the government.
- Many scandals have hit hard on the defence ministry though it is helmed by a so called honest man in the Indian political circle.
- Equipments purchases have been stalled owing to less money with the defence ministry –The concerns which are compounded by depreciation of rupee.
- With all the mess going in the defence forces, Naval Chief Admiral D.K.Joshi became the first navy chief to tender resignation owing to moral responsibility for the mishaps happened in the Indian Navy.
- Time has come to introspect and inspect the role of decision makers of defence circle of India. Otherwise a day won’t be far as witnessed in the episode of General Thimayya and J.L.Nehru
- INS Sindhuratna tragedy