Telangana Bill Stuck in Rajya Sabha
- The Telangana bill has now been passed in the Lok Sabha, but is now stuck in Rajya Sabha.
- As per the amendments in this bill, the Hyderabad city would become the joint capital of both Telangana and Andhra Pradesh for the next 10 years.
- Now, the controversy has arisen over the interpretation on special powers given to the Governor concerning law and order issues(are State subjects) in Hyderabad, which flout the Constitutional provisions.
- Opposition parties are demanding for a Constitutional provision to give Governor necessary powers to uphold the security of common capital Hyderabad for next 10 years.
- The Clause 8 of the present Bill passed, which covers the powers given to Governor, is constitutionally invalid, and can be disputed in the court.
- State List of 7th Schedule
- State Reorganisation