America’s challenge in Ukraine
- Putin baptised his conquest of Crimea by giving a warning that Russia is preparing to fight for its national dignity.
- Putin’s principled confrontation of an arrogant America stated that the world no longer has stability ever since dissolution of bipolarity on the planet.
- Russia is subjected to have “double standards” with America by stating that U.S. asserts a legal right for Kosovo to break away from Serbia but will not recognize Crimea’s split from Ukraine.
- U.S has been Europe’s salvation. Unselfishly it rescued the continent during both the world wars. U.S punished Germany in place of Europe for misguiding after World War I & after WW II adopted Marshall Plan for European reconstruction.
- America (akin to present day Russia) was influenced by the Monroe Doctrine of 1823 and the Two intervention in the region were America’s invasions of Grenada in 1983 and Panama in 1989. Russia’s illegality in recent actions can be remediable as it is not unique.
- U.S will work with Ukraine to build a free markets & open political systems,the way it did across Europe after the Berlin Wall fell in 1989.
- This will require about $15 billion more than Europe pledged and there is need to fight with Ukraine’s corruption. Ukraine is not a member of NATO which could have helped in building security force through the “Partnership for Peace” programme, of which it was a member since 1994.
- Marshall Plan for European reconstruction
- Ukraine crisis
- Partnership for Peace programme
- Monroe Doctrine of 1823