- The 3 judges of U.K. upheld that detention of Mr.Miranda by counter-terrorism officials under Schedule 7 of Terrorism Act was lawful, proportionate & did not breach European laws on human rights & freedom of expression.
- The former National Security Agency contractor, was mutually responsible for disclosures based on documents leaked contained classified U.K. intelligence material, that was seized.
- The judges later accepted that Mr. Miranda’s detention was an indirect interference with press freedom, but they held that the overriding interests of national security justified it.
- The UK government has objected against release of the few documents as it would provoke terrorism.
- British officials have threatened to prosecute those involved.
- PRISM surveillance project of USA
- Freedom of press