‘Islam is not against music’
- According to Mr. Abdul Rahman, the President of Islamiya Ilakkiya Kazhgam and ex-chairman of Wakf Board, Tamil Nadu, Islam is not against music. Abdul Rahman was speaking at 8th World Islamic Tamil Literary Conference.
- According to him, music was actually permitted in Islam, but there are others who stated that music had not been allowed in Islam.
- The happiness and singing are the endemics of festivals, and there are thousands of instances where Islamic people play music in their festivals.
- Mr. Rahman further gave examples of saints and scholars of Islam to explain how music is allowed in Islam, and children and elders are allowed to sing. The holy ‘Koran’ has itself been made of musical rhymes.
- If the holy Koran is rendered by individuals having musical voice, you’ll understand how the holy book is made of melodic verses. The musical verses in Koran are enough to prove that Islam does not opposes music.
- Article 25, 26, 27 & 28 of Indian constitution
- Religious tolerance