- After the fourth round of nuclear power talks ended with no conclusive results, a senior inspector for the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) is likely to visit Iran to reach a conclusion over the 13 measures taken by Iran.
- Iran believes that a nuclear deal is still possible despite major gaps that exist ahead of the July 20 deadline. The next round of talks will be held mid June and failure to reach a consensus may spark conflict.
- The deadline could be extended, but both US and Iran may find it difficult to tackle the sceptical and impatient hardliners.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-international/in-iran-optimism-despite-no-tangible-progress-in-ntalks/article6023490.ece
- What is International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)?