Ashton’s visit promises new beginning in EU-Iran ties
- The visit to Tehran by Chief of European Union (EU) foreign policy Ms.Catherine Ashton showed the friendly bonding between Iran and Europe. She represented the 28-nation bloc.
- A delegation of French businessmen and traders mentioned that it was an opportunity for Europe to have a profitable business in Iran as they have been having a distressed economy oflate.
- Iran is trying to re-establish a good relationship with the west keeping the values of the Islamic revolution.
- Iran can be benefited by Europe’s experience in areas like information technology, oil and gas, transportation and heavy industries.
- Ms. Ashton’s visit was a sign of progress in Iran’s nuclear dialogue with 5 permanent members of the UN Security Council and Germany.
- Iran Nuclear Issue
- Iran-EU relations