Iran takes guards’ issue to U.N.
- Iran has grabbed international attention by showcasing the targeted assassinations and abductions of its personnel abroad.
- It appealed for justice for a member among 5 border guards who was kidnapped and killed by a Pakistan-based militant group, whose death was confirmed by the governor general of Iran Sistan-Balochistan province.
- This has turned out to be another irritant in the complex relationship between Tehran and Islamabad.
- Iran asserted that Pakistan is responsible for the death of Iranian border guard and exhorted it to take serious action against the kidnappers, and guarantee the release of the Iranian soldiers.
- 2 car-bombings of the Iranian diplomatic and cultural premises in Beirut in November 2013, was followed 3 months later by another blast killing a diplomat and security guards, killed several Lebanese civilian bystanders.
- Iran expressed dissatisfaction & concern about terror along border areas & stressed necessary measures to be taken by Pakistan to prevent terrorists from crossing Pakistani territory.
- There is evidence that indicates state-sponsored extremist groups which are responsible for the terror attacks on Iran and its citizens.
- Iran Pakistan Bilateral Relations