- Linking of rivers project, despite political parties demanding the same, yet to be implemented
- Interlinking of Athikadavu-Avinashi; Cauvery-Vaigai-Gundar; Pennaiyar-Palar and Tamiraparani-Karumeniyar-Nambiyar proposed
- Some work done with regard to Tamiraparani-Karumeniyar-Nambiyar link project only, rest yet to take any concrete shape
- Proposed flood management projects for Athikadavu-Avinashi and the Cauvery-Vaigai-Gundar links rejected by central govt
- Rs 200 cr spent on first phase ofTamiraparani-Karumeniyar-Nambiyar link project, project sanctioned 6 yrs ago for Rs 369 cr
- Estimated cost of Athikadavu-Avinashi : Rs. 1,862 cr; Cauvery-Vaigai-Gundar : Rs. 5,166 cr, Pennaiyar-Palar projects: Rs. 503 crore.
- Survey being done for diverting 2,000 mn cubic feet surplus water from Mettur dam to Sarabanga and Thirumanimuthar sub-basins.
- Debate on Inter-linking of Rivers