India Wants Jaffna Demilitarisation
- On the sidelines of BIMSTEC Summit Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Sri Lanka’s President Mahinda Rajapaksha discussed various issues concerning Sri Lanka.
- PM asked Sri Lanka to demilitarize the Jaffna province in the interest of Sri Lankan Tamils.
- Rajapaksha said the process has begun and troops are less in number compared to war time deployment.
- Meanwhile US is moving a resolution in UNHRC against Sri Lanka for Human Rights violations during eelam war.
- It should be noted that UNHRC Chief Navi Pillay had called for International Probe in to killings of Sri Lankan Tamils during the war.
- Human Rights
- Sri Lanka-India Relations