My mission is to better India ties: Xi
- Chinese President Xi mentioned that improved India relations was his ‘historic mission‘ & would further the India-China strategic partnership.
- Mr.Xi wants to visit India to work with new government coming in after Lok Sabha elections.
- He was looking forward to a deeper engagement with India, as it was the ‘year of friendly exchanges‘.
- Both countries want to mark the 15th anniversary of signing the Panchsheel with a flurry of events.
- India will hold “Glimpses of India” celebration in 12 Chinese cities to widen people-to-people contacts.
- India will liberalize the visa regime ensuring that its embassy in Beijing & consulates in Shanghai and Guangzhou issue business & tourist visas in 2 & 3 working days respectively.
- India China Bilateral Relations
- Glimpses of India celebrations