IMG-Reliance to float tender for football’s new league
- IMG-Reliance is likely to float tender for The Indian Super League football tournament inviting bids from across the country for nine cities.
- Top eight teams will be selected for participating in the tournament.
- Base price for franchise is 25 crore.
- The league will feature 22 players in each team – 10 foreign players, eight domestic players and four local players from the catchment area in the under-23 category.
- The league has the backing of the All India Football Federation (AIFF)
- Its being said that many Industrial groups and Bollywood stars have shown interest in buying the teams.
- All India Football Federation (AIFF)