- UN’s International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has welcomed Iran’s compliance with measures to lift suspicions about its nuclear program and its implementation of all agreed measures.
- While Iran has insisted that the aims of its nuclear programs were peaceful, apprehensions arose over the “possible military dimensions” (PMDs) of its nuclear programme, including the use of exploding bridge wire detonator.
- IAEA still warned of some remnant doubts over Iran’s program, especially the activities at the Parchin military base, where Iran is suspected of conducting research for a nuclear payload.
- It also appealed for patience ahead of a July 20 deadline for a deal between Western powers (the so-called P5+1) and Iran.
- Several rounds of talks have already been held in Vienna with no progress on the deal.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-international/iaea-head-welcomes-irans-nuclear-compliance/article6076660.ece
- Iran’s Nuclear Programme
- P5+1 Talks