Humanitarian supplies to Syria: UNSC consensus
- A resolution on liberation of humanitarian aid was passed by UNSC on Syria, called the “hinge point” in the Syrian conflict as this is to bring an end to the violence & strongly criticizing the al-Qaeda-affiliated terror.
- The people caught in the bloody dispute will now be relieved as govt & armed opposition are assigned with responsibilities.
- Russia rejected the resolution & backed out later as it targeted the govt of Syrian President.
- UNSC urged parties engaged in conflict to lift restrictions on population centers, de-militarizing medical & other civilian facilities, on cities like Aleppo which had become a militant refuge.
- According to media’s report it is not justifiable for Syrian govt to use barrel bombs & anti-aircraft weaponry.
- Much against US’ wishes, Russian govt in Damascus has said that in order to complete the humanitarian mission it is necessary to keep the Syrian State functional. China highlighted few political solns for improvet of humanitarian conditions in Syria too.
- Syrian crisis
- Humanitarian pause
- UN Security Council (UNSC)