Secret Promise from An App
- A new app “Secret”, basically one of those anonymous sharing apps is currently trending in the Silicon Valley. With this anonymity app, you can mask your identity, and add or remove the stuff you wish to or do not wish to share.
- Well, it is a bit hard to identify reasons behind the buzz of such anonymous and ephemeral apps. Users will have to be cautious before trusting blindly and installing such apps.
- Recently, TechCrunch has reported that email addresses of ‘Secret’ users were included in their posts strings. This bug has been quickly corrected by the developers of ‘Secret’.
- Last year, ‘Bang with Friends’ app was trending high. The problem arose when the users were able to easily find out which of their Facebook friends have signed up for it. More embarrassingly, they could even see who their friends desired to ah! Bang on.
- The Snapchat was another famous anonymity app. The rapid growth of Snapchat was also accompanied by a number of stories probing into its privacy and security credibility. There were tons of reports out there talking about the loopholes in Snapchat. According to the reports, these loopholes were helpful for the hackers who wanted to access the contact number of users.
- In fact, in today’s generation of social apps, the privacy is turning to be a selling point in the market, which is not a bad thing.
- Social Media