- The Saumitra Chaudhuri Committee on Auto Fuel Vision & Policy 2025 has suggested that fuels across the country should comply with Euro-IV emission norms by 2017 and Euro-V standards by 2020.
- To produce the upgraded fuel, an additional investment of Rs.80,000 crore will be required to meet which a Special Fuel Upgradation Cess of 75 paise per litre on all gasoline (petrol) and diesel sold in India be imposed.
- Currently, 26 cities (including Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Lucknow) use BS IV fuels while the rest use BS III compliant fuel. The former is free of a potential cancer-causing substance.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-business/petrol-diesel-prices-may-be-hiked-to-fund-fuel-upgrade/article6113380.ece
- Euro V Norms
- BS III
- BS IV
- Special Fuel Upgradation Cess
- Saumitra Chaudhuri Committee on Auto Fuel Vision & Policy 2025