High Court Directs Centre To Launch Awareness Campaign About Ill Effects Of Pesticides
- Delhi High Court decrees Centre to create awareness about ill effects of residual of pesticides in vegetables and fruits.
- Focus areas of campaign: Malls, mandis, cinema halls, retail shops and other public places.
- The matter was heard suo moto by court taking cognisance of news reports in Delhi.
- The court also studied Sarita Bhalla Commitee report which was constituted to study usage of pesticides by Indian farmers.
- Ill effects of pesticides: Headache, Nausea, Damages Kidney and Liver, Affects fertility etc..
- The report has said that Indian farmers use 750 times more pesticides than permissible limit according to European Standards.
- Effects of Pesticides on Humans and Animals
- Endosulfan Case
- Sarita Bhalla Commitee report