- State Health Department makes health card a must for cooks and kitchen staff in hotels, eating joints etc to ensure prevention of communicable diseases
- Cooks, kitchen staff to have a medical checkup before issuance of health cards to them
- Move is aimed at ensuring implementation of Food Safety and Standards Act 2006, working in kitchen without health card to be made punishable offence
- More food safety inspectors to be appointed to ensure food safety measure.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/health-card-a-must-for-hotel-kitchen-staff/article5995141.ece