- Odisha govt, ASI under HC fire for indifference to maintenance of archaeologically important places in the state.
- HC response follows a PIL by Prabir Kumar, asks BDA response on steps being envisaged to protect ancient fort of Sisupalgarh, close to capital Bhubaneswar.
- Sisupalgarh fort is 2000-year-old, petitioner alleges encroachment inside the fort , blames Centre and state govt for being indifferent to the situation
- Relics found during excavation of fort point to fact people here knew Mohenjo-Daro- Harappa like planned cities.
- Archaeological Survey of India (ASI)