- Expansion works at Old Fisheries Harbour at Bunder stopped after complaints that it is filling up the creek violating coastal regulation zone or CRZ rules
- Work in question relates to construction of a wharf at Thota Bengre in Mangalore, Karnataka, worked stopped for the second time in last 6 months
- Work stopped on complaint by Mangalore based activist Octavia Albuquerque and others to National Green Tribunal, in 2011 project cost was 57.6 crores
- Project cost up by 98 crore, aimed to ensure more mechanised boats fit into expanded jetty, now congested because of short space and more boats
- NGT did not agree with argument that it is not a creek but a pond, orders status quo be maintained in the area, bringing all constructions works to a halt.
- Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ)
- National Green Tribunal (NGT)