- Dandavathi Yojane Virodhi Horata Samiti has urged the State govt to withdraw the Dandavathi irrigation project.
- Experts have rejected the project for fears of feasibility and viability.
- Earlier govt had disregarded the protests by farmers who would get displaced due to this and approved the project.
- The Samiti has recommended constructing small check dams to irrigate the patched areas of Sorab taluk instead of a huge reservoir across Dandavathi as this submerge thousands of acres of fertile agriculture land and forest.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-karnataka/government-asked-to-drop-dandavathi-irrigation-project/article6077147.ece
- Dandavathi irrigation project
- Environment Impact Analysis (EIA)
- Check dams