- State is set to restore mining areas Bellary, Tumkur and Chitradurga by Karnataka Mining Environment Restoration Company Ltd. (KMERCL)
- KMERCL will be headed by Additional Chief Secretary, and Development Commissioner
- Corpus of Rs.3500 crore initially is approved and the KMERCL will work under Comprehensive Environment Plan for Mining Impact Zone (CEPMIZ).
- Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV), CEPMIZ will work to lessen the impact of mining afforestation programmes, education, health are a few issues that will be looked upon
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-andhrapradesh/government-set-to-form-company-to-restore-miningravaged-areas-in-three-districts/article6071156.ece