Glasgow Commonwealth Games to Emulate Indian Security Measures

0
Glasgow Commonwealth Games to Emulate Indian Security Measures www.ambitionias.com

Glasgow draws on Indian security experience

  • The organisers of this year's edition of Commonwealth Games (to be held in Glasgow) will emulate the security apparatus India had used in the previous edition (held in Delhi).
  • As part of 'knowledge transfer' exercise on security provisioning, a Scottish Police team was in Delhi.
  • The Glasgow Edition will see 4500 athletes competing in 17 different sports from 71 nations & will cost £500,000, of which the Glasgow City Council will raise 80%. Ticket sales, franchise & branding will cover the remaining 20%.
  •  Each national grouping within the U.K. — Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland etc. — will compete separately with Scotland hosting it.
  • Scotland will be holding a referendum this September to stay with UK or go independent. These Games may provide a platform to showcase their political demands.

Exams Perspective:

  1. Commonwealth Grouping
  2. Commonwealth Games
  3. Referendum in Scotland
SHARE