- "Status of Tigers in India,2014” says 70% of the world’s tiger population is in India.
- Western Ghats region shows highest increase since 2006 (6% per annum).
- World’s tiger population decreased since 2006 losing about 97% in 13 countries since half a century.
- MadumalaiWaynadNagarholeBandipur to house world’s single largest tiger population.
- Increase in forest land payed primary protection to tigers and their preys from poaching. Leading to increase in population of these wild cats.
- National Tiger conservation Authority award given to Periyar Tiger reserve for encouraging the 75 local community to participate in preserving the reserve.
- The latest round of assessment used stateofthe art technology of double sampling, using camera traps to estimate the assessment and distribution of tigers.