- Geographical Indications Registry of Controller-General of Patents, Designs and Trade Marks approached for GI tag for “Erangere badane” brinjal.
- GI or Geographical Indication is sought for brinjal grown in Mysore, Karnataka.
- Registry officials to carry out inspection, gather data on brinjal prior to the scrutiny of application for GI status, variety grown a small section of farmers
- Seed multiplication unit set up for brinjal at horticulture farm close to Kukkarahalli lake, brinjal prices at Rs 30—40 per kg in market.
- Geographical Indications Tag (GI)
- Indigenous Verieties
- Controller-General of Patents, Designs and Trade Marks