- Group of Seven Nations (G7) has said that it would mount pressure on Russia by imposing sanctions targeting individuals rather than Russian economy, in view of its failure to de-escalate the situation in Ukraine.
- This was amidst reports that Russian aircrafts were entering Ukraine which was denied by Russia.
- Measures employed by Ukraine to isolate the rebellious provinces failed as the protesters moved away from the besieged city and leaders of the ‘Donetsk Republic’, issued statements about incoming reinforcements and their capture of observers who were allegedly providing information on the protesters’ whereabouts.
- A part of a U. S contingent of 600 sent to reassure NATO allies arrived in Lithuania which its President hailed as a deterrence measure.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-international/g7-agrees-on-more-sanctions/article5952179.ece
- Ukraine Crisis
- Geneva Agreement on Ukraine