- Clashes between Ukrainian forces and pro-Russia rebels have intensified and resulted in the killings of 49 more soldiers.
- Amidst allegations of the rebel being supported by Russia, and the incident in Ukraine where Russian Embassy flags were torn down, gas negotiations between Ukraine and Russia suffered a setback.
- Russia supplies Ukraine half of its gas supplies, and 15% of the fuel consumed in Europe is sent via Ukraine prompting the EU leaders to broker a deal between the beleaguered nations.
- Russia demanded the resignation of Ukraine’s Foreign Minister for abusing President Vladimir Putin during a violent protest outside Russia’s embassy in Kiev.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-international/kiev-fresh-feud-after-attack-on-moscow-embassy/article6117957.ece