- International fast food chains operating in China —KFC, McDonald’s, Pizza Hut and Subway were issued Statements promising not to buy products from local suppliers accused of supplying stale and tainted meat.
- The food and drug administration department of Shanghai city raided meat processors Shanghai Husi Food Co Ltd.
- During an interrogation,food safety sleuths questioned managers of these chains for stale meats,mislabelling of meat products,slack quality checks and possibly cost cutting by buying inferior goods.
- The management immediately cancelled their supply contracts and stopped using products from the meat processor.
- McDonald’s and Yum Brands Inc which runs KFC and Pizza Hut issued a statement saying that south China’s Fujian Province some outlets will stop selling products containing ham slices from Husi.
- Read at:http://epaperbeta.
timesofindia.com/Article.aspx? eid=31806&articlexml=Food- safety-row-hits-McDonalds-KFC- in-China-22072014014042