- Arun Jaitley, the leader of principal opposition party at the Rajya Sabha has slammed the AAP Government for ordering the registration of FIR against the Center over the natural gas price hike, with their anti-corruption branch.
- He said that is a constitutional violation, and it would be a political outrage if the Center was to be brought under any state government’s police jurisdiction. Article 239AA of the Constitution completely prohibits this provision.
- Also, it would also mean that the central government at the capital would come under 2 parallel vigilance jurisdictions, one of its own and other one of the state government. That would impact the functioning of the centre.
- Centre-state administrative relationship
- Article 239AA of Indian Constitution