Female Foeticide Plaguing Haryana
- It is estimated that around 37,000 girls are killed every year before they are born in the state of Haryana.
- Haryana accounts for 2.2% of total children in India and recorded 4% of female foeticide.
- India has several laws prohibiting female foeticide including PCPNDT Act, 1994.
- Activists sought support of Khap Panchayats.
- Haryana is also notorious for trafficking women from West Bengal, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand to marry off their children with women from these states.
- PCPNDT Act, 1994.
- Khap Panchayats