Shameful Behaviors of MPs in the Lok Sabha House
- As soon as the Union Home Minter introduced the Telangana Bill in the Lok Sabha, Congress MP from Vijayawada, L. Rajagopal, became violent and started spraying pepper spray on other MPs inside the house.
- Modugula Venugopala Reddy, the member of Telugu Desam Party, broke the microphone and started brandishing around. They also broke the glass on Lok Sabha Secretary-General’s table. The house was adjourned within 5 minutes after the violence broke out.
- Speaker Meira Kumar called this incident as the blot on democracy, and eventually suspended 16 Seemandhra MPs for violating 374A Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in Lok Sabha
- These suspended MPs will not be able to participate in parliamentary proceedings for the rest of the session or for 5 successive sittings depending on which is lesser.
- State Reorganisation Commission
- Privileges of MLAs/MPs (Collective & Individual)
- Speaker’s role in maintaining decorum