- The Defence Ministry, got permission from EC, to select and appoint new Navy Chief, after Admiral D.K.Joshi resigned.
- As Model Code of Conducts is in force, it was essential to take EC’s permission.
- The delay in selecting and appointing Naval Chief is resulting in:
- Delay in execution of several programmes,
- Visits to various countries delayed,
- For ex: India, this year, is not participating in Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS), which will be held in Australia.
- Model Code of Conduct