- Ecuador’s President Rafael Correa has ordered all U.S. military officers to depart the country by the end of the month and cancelled a security cooperation programme with the Pentagon.
- This could further severe US-Ecuador’s relations as earlier the govt had expelled American diplomats and rebuffed a trade deal with Washington accusing it of imperialist ambitions and espionage activities.
- US upholds Ecuador’s right to expel the US Military but will now reduce security cooperation programmes and move the assets to another location.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-international/ecuador-expels-us-officers-cancels-
- Ecuador USA Bilateral Relations