- Series of High Profile visits between India and Saudi Arabia have helped to boost economic prospect between nations.
- The recent visit by Crown Prince Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud has helped to improve economic ties with Saudi Arabia to a new level –where MoU was signed for defence cooperation.
- Ties between the gulf nation and India started to rise in 2006, after “Riyadh Declaration” which vouched for “strategic partnership” between two nations.
- India and Saudi Arabia ties have stood test of the time as the gulf nation is natural ally of Pakistan and;
- Recently it introduced “Nitaqat System” where preference has to be given to their nationals in employment over other citizens and Indian Diaspora is the largest one in gulf Kingdom which is there for good employment opportunities.
- India can act as a catalyst between Saudi Arabia and Iran to foster their ties-which is in India’s own interests in the subcontinent region.
- As America is also withdrawing its troops from Afghanistan Iran and India could play a pivotal role in Afganistan.
- It is in India’s interest to engage the resource rich gulf nation and get dividends.
- India Saudi Arabia bilateral relations