- D.K. Shivakumar, the Minister for Energy (Karnataka) has stated that each taluk will soon be getting its own power transformer bank.
- However, the budget 2013-14 allocation and planning for increasing the numbers of power transformer banks from 74 to 100 is yet to be implemented.
- These banks are aimed at reducing the time period that is taken for replacing the defective transformers.
- The Turn-Around-Time for replacing the faulty transformers is fixed for 72 hours in rural areas, whereas in urban areas it is not to exceed 24 hours.
- This move is expected to generate employment, because the electricity supply companies have got the go ahead to hire unemployed people to do the repair works, provided that they are professionally qualified
- It will also encourage farmers to have their own transformers installed, which will help them in preventing unauthorized use of power, and in bringing about better energy efficiency.
- Electricity Sector Reforms.
- Electricity Distribution losses & remedies.
- Modes of Electricity production.