- Dutch forensic experts discovered how to accurately date fingerprints
- Its not too far for police to trace fingerprints of criminals and the date in which crime has happened
- This discovery is very important and for the first time in the world and by this identification of the suspect will be easier
- Fingerprints leave nearly-unique marks on a surface that can be copied and compared to a database to identify a suspect, a police technique that rose to prominence in the early 1900s.
- The prints themselves are made up of sweat and grease, including a complex mix of cholesterol, amino acids and proteins.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-opinion/dutch-scientists-crack-fingerprint-dating-riddle/article6083784.ece
- Fingerprint Dating