Centre Drafts Guidelines to Facilitate Physically Challenged Government Employees
- Provisions to facilitate the disabled government employees are being initiated by the Central Government, so that they can carry out their responsibilities efficiently and comfortably.
- The proposal includes preferences in posting, accommodation, transfers and special casual leaves. They will also get refund for assistive equipment.
- All departments and ministries, PSUs, subordinate offices, cantonment boards, and government companies will identify the kind of jobs that the disabled employees can perform easily.
- Government employees with any kind of disability will be allowed to work at the same place where they first joined. There will not be any rotational transfer for such staff members.
- Persons with disability will be able to choose the place of posting during their promotion and transfers.
- Job specific pre-promotion and post-recruitment training programmes will be organised for physically challenged government employees.
- Government welfare provisions for physically disabled persons
- Disability Rights Bill