- NGO Udya Foundation seeks ban on sale of junk food in schools & its 500 metre radius, seeks expanding scope of such ban elsewhere
- NGO petition before a Division Bench sees no logic behind letting children decide which food is healthy and one which is unhealthy for them
- Centre for Science and Environment alleges dilution in expert groups’ suggestions on food safety and guidelines by FSSAI
- Expert group proposes limit supply of high fat, sugar, salt foods in schools and its 50 metre radius, intake of wholesome food by school children across India
- Chips, fried foods, sugar-sweetened carbonated and non-carbonated beverages, ready-to-eat noodles,pizzas, burgers are junk food
- Samosa , chana-bhatura etc sale also sought to be banned by group, calls on school management to ensure the same.
- Junk Food