Advantage Gas for Russia
- Russia is exploiting Ukraine’s dependency on it for imports and is using gas as levers in conflicts with Ukraine.
- Discount on gas prices offered to Ukraine by Russia in exchange for housing its Black Sea Fleet’s at Crimea’s port of Sevastopol has now been withdrawn spiralling the price for every 1,000 m3 to $485 from $100.
- This was moments after Ukraine’s interior minister levelled allegations against impeached President Viktor and Russia’s Federal Security Service for instigating the two days of violence between riot police and protesters that left 90 supporters of closer EU ties dead.
- NASA has severed ties with Russia except for cooperation aboard the International Space Station.
- Germany’s ambassador to Russia was summoned by Russian Foreign Ministry over Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble’s statements equating Russia’s annexation of Crimea to Nazi Germany.
- Energy Diplomacy
- Gas wars in Central Asia
- Ukraine Crisis