- India 7th country to ratify UN convention on Rights of Person with Disability, who are the most excluded persons across numerous participatory platforms.
- There are an estimated 15% persons with disabilities in the World as per the report on disabilities jointly published by WHO and World Bank in 2011.
- Planning Commission estimates 5% of our population with disabilities as per 11th 5 year plan.
- Draft Disabilities bill has been tabled in Parliament.
- Provisions of Disability Rights Bill.
- Deen Dayal disabled Rehabilitation Scheme.
- Constitutional Status of Disabled.