U.S. court throws out visa fraud case against Devyani
- A US Judge (Shira Scheindlin) threw out the visa fraud case booked against Devyani & has ruled that:
- Devyani Khobragade had acquired full diplomatic immunity at 5.47pm on Jan 8 after she was approved as counsellor to India’s mission to UN
- She had immunity till Jan 9 evening, when she left for India (during her arrest)
- Prosecutors couldn’t proceed with her indictment
- India welcomed this decision.
- Devyani Khobragade issue
- India USA Bilateral Relations